Aluminum is a unique type of metal. It features a wide range of special qualities. These qualities are why aluminum is one of the most commonly applied types of metals in the market. It is involved in a wide range of industries. It can be subjected to a wide range of processes like custom CNC machining and extrusion. In this post, we look at the qualities of the best aluminum fabrication companies.
Qualities of the best aluminum fabrication companies
Whether it is a custom CNC machining or aluminum extrusions process, you must be very keen on the company you choose to perform the tasks. Below are some qualities you should be looking out for from these companies;
One of the first and most important factors you should consider when choosing the best company for your fabrication tasks is the experience. The market features a wide range of new companies offering the services you may be looking for. While these companies may feature beneficial elements like lower prices to attract new clients, they are often not the best choice because they lack the experience needed for a good fabrications company. Therefore, it would be wise to go for a company with at least ten years of experience or more. This way, you can rest assured that you will receive the best services.
Another factor you should not disregard when looking for the best company is variety. It would be best to choose a company that can provide you with a wide range of fabrication techniques. This way, all your needs can be fulfilled in one place. This means that you do not have to worry about looking for a separate company for your different needs. Below are some fabrication techniques you should be looking out for;
- Casting is where the metal is heated to transform into a molten state and then poured into a mold. The molten metal is then left to solidify and grow cold. Finally, it is removed and finished.
- Cutting-is a fabrication method where the workpiece is split into smaller sections using techniques like laser cutting, power scissors, and plasma arc cutting
- Folding– this is where the metal is manipulated to bend at a specific angle.
- Extrusion– This is where a light metal is forced through or around a die or mold.
In addition to the above techniques, it would also be best to enquire about the following custom fabrication techniques;
- Drilling– where holes are bored into the metal
- Bending– where the shape of the metal is transformed to create channels
- Assembly– where two or more components are combined to form a complete product
- Custom finishing– where the final product is subjected through processes like painting, anodizing, and sandblasting to improve its qualities
- Electronics– where electrical components are added to the product
You should also lookout for a company that offers you good quality. The company should pay attention to the quality to ensure that all clients get the best products.
Other than the factors mentioned above, when looking for a fabricating company, it would also help if you looked into the cost of the services. It is always wise to go for a cost-saving company.